Title: Therapy Staff
(Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech-Language Pathologist, Music Therapist, Art Therapist, School Psychologist, Special Educator, Recreation Therapist, Adaptive Physical Educator, BCBA or Behavior Therapist)
Status: Temporary Employee Reports to: Therapy Program Manager Hours: 40+/camp session
Work on a multi-disciplinary team providing therapy in an intense, week-long program for children with special needs and their families.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Uphold the highest clinical, ethical and safety standards as a therapist.
- Attend Orientation in May (new staff and team leads only) and Orientation on the first day of your camp session.
- Thoroughly review camper background information, making notes as needed, prior to camp.
- Conduct a pre-camp call to the family you are assigned at least one week prior to the camp session, confirm with team lead that you have completed the call, and share all information on your assigned camper with your team on the first day of camp.
- Work with your team to compose preliminary therapy goals documenting parent priorities.
- Provide multi-disciplinary therapy to the children on your team during the five-day camp week that begins at 8:30 am and ends at 2:30 pm daily.
- Arrive at your therapy space at least 30 minutes before the start of each therapy day.
- Document on a daily basis brief, clinically-based treatment notes on each child on your team.
- Actively participate in afternoon/evening team conferencing, documenting, updating and finalizing goals for each child on your team.
- Construct a report for one child on the team, which will be presented as a team at individual family conferences at the end of the camp session.
- Participate in family conferences with parents of all children on your team. Conferences are scheduled during a five-hour session following the last day of therapy.
- Excellent communication capability
- Highly organized
- Capable of working on a team
- Familiarity with all disciplines of therapy we offer
- Demonstrate experience with and/or a strong willingness to learn about populations we serve
- Master’s Degree preferred in specific discipline (Physical, Occupational, Speech-Language, Music and Art therapies, Social Work, School Psychology, Special Education, Recreation Therapy, Adaptive Physical Education, Psychology)
- Clinical Pediatric and/or Youth Experience
- Appropriate licensure/certification in specific discipline